Thursday, November 1, 2012

What's NaNoWriMo?

National Novel Writing Month!

I have many friends who particpate in this, and I've decided to go ahead and do it. My mom is always telling me I should write more. I think if I write a novel I can guarantee that at least she would read it. I haven't been keeping up with the blog as much as I'd like. I really need to reclaim some of my time at home from watching Netflix and playing video games to 1) exercise and 2) writing. I admit to blogging, or at least planning my blog at work a lot of days. We are heading towards winter, it's a slower time in the promotional products business. But if I'm to keep writing when work is busy, I need to carve out that little bit of time each day.

I'll be posting on the blog about how the novel writing project is going. I can tell just from reading the welcome message it's going to be a challenge for me. It's all about output, just getting words out there, and editing later. "Editing is for December" it said. I always edit and nit-pick as I go, which is what leads me to dead ends. So the idea of just pushing, pushing, pushing, writing, writing, writing, is intriguing for me. I enjoy ideas and challenges that force me to think differently about things.

So wish me luck! (I'm gonna need it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment