Thursday, September 27, 2012

Restaurant Review - Aroogas

My boyfriend and I have been going to the Arooga's location at the corner of Colonial and Linglestown Roads since the start of last football season. It's a great place to watch a game and hang out with friends. We've always had good interactions with the wait staff, and we've always enjoyed the food.

Arooga's is a sports bar. Their menu staple is definitely wings, but don't think you won't like it if you aren't into wings. Their menu is 8 full pages of appetizers, sandwiches, subs, wraps, pasta, flat-bread pizza, stromboli, etc. etc. Tim and I have tried most of the appetizers, the wings, and many of the sandwiches and other entrees. I have yet to try everything on the menu.

Of the appetizers, the Aroogas Baseball Bats are my favorite. They are warm soft pretzel-like breadsticks. You get honey mustard or cheese to dip them in. They go perfectly with a nice Yuengling Draft. Another favorite there is the boneless wings. The appetizer sampler plates are great for sharing.

The service is excellent. Tim and I regular spend 3-4 hours there on a game day, and the staff never gives us grief about hanging out long after our food is gone. They come back to check on us just enough so that our drinks aren't empty, and that we can order more food if we are feeling a bit peckish around halftime.

The only things I haven't been 100% thrilled with there are the lack of beer selections (Nothing from the local microbreweries) and the fried macaroni and cheese balls (the mac and cheese was dry, and I consider myself a connoisseur)

So if you are traveling in the Harrisburg area and you think you have to miss the Steelers, don't despair. You can come to Arooga's with Tim and I. We'll likely be in a booth on the left side of the room with the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment